Welcome to Thomspon's blog🎯 Skip to main content

Coronavirus: Nigerian police officer narrates how he gave money to a woman who told him about the challenges she's been facing since the lockdown




Coronavirus: Nigerian police officer narrates how he gave money to a woman who told him about the challenges she
A Nigerian police officer has narrated how he helped out a woman who narrated the challenges she's been facing since the lockdown order issued by the federal government in Lagos, Ogun and the FCT to check the spread of Coronavirus. 

Edward Onoriode disclosed he met the woman and her daughter who were walking towards Ikeja while on his way to work this morning. The policeman said the woman who complained about drinking garri throughout yesterday during their discussion after he gave her a lift, revealed she was going to Maryland to see if her elder sister can lend her N5,000. 

The woman also disclosed that she sold drinks in traffic before the lockdown, but can't anymore since she feeds from the interest she makes from her daily sales. Onoriode said he gave the woman money he withdrew from a nearby ATM before dropping her off at Maryland

He wrote; 

On my way to the office this morning, I saw this middle age woman & her daughter walking towards Ikeja. So, I slowed down & gave them a lift since I'm heading towards their direction.
On our way, I asked the woman where she's heading to in this Lockdown, she said Maryland.
I further asked her why she's going to Maryland bcoz she look so disturbed and unsettled.
In her words "I want to go & see my sister if she can borrow me money so me & my daughter can get something to eat."
I was so touched.
She continued;
"Throughout yesterday, we drank garri & the garri was given to us by my neighbour. I can't keep begging for garri bcoz my neighbour is also managing. So, I decided to trek to Maryland to see if my elder sister can lend me N5000 so we can manage to feed ourselves"
I then asked her; "Before the Lockdown, what do you do for a living?"
She said she and her daughter sells Drinks and Water in Traffic. But due to the Lockdown, she can't sell and if she doesn't sell, she can't feed. Meaning, she feed from the interest she gets daily.
I asked her if she has a bank account. She said; " I never open account. Na my Neighbour account I dey use if dem wan send me money and i no sabi her account number."
I had to drive to the nearest ATM spot at Ikeja, withdraw some money, hand over to her & drop her at Maryland.
Truth is, people are really suffering. For the few of us who have what to eat at anytime even if the Lockdown is extended to another two months should do the little we can to assist those who doesn't have.
I can't count the number of people who call me daily asking for money just to feed. Things are really hard. At this point, the govt need to do something ASAP to relieve the suffering of the people else, things will get out of hand in days to come if this Lockdown continues.
There are a lot of people that can't feed if they don't hustle.

Coronavirus: Nigerian police officer narrates how he gave money to a woman who told him about the challenges she

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treatment of hair with egg white

Egg White for Hair Treatment Risks Outlook Egg protein and hair When you crack open a  raw egg , you reveal two distinct parts: the  yellow egg yolk  and egg white (albumen). While the yolk contains all the  fat in the egg , the egg white contains most of the protein. Egg whites are complete proteins  containing all the essential amino acids. You need protein in your diet to build, maintain, and replace the tissues in your body — including your hair. Protein for healthy hair The hair shaft has three layers: Medulla.  This is the soft, inner layer of the hair shaft, only seen in large and thick hairs. Cortex.  This middle layer of the hair shaft provides the hair’s strength, color, and texture. Cuticle.  This is the thin, colorless outer layer of the hair shaft that protects the cortex. Your hair shaft is largely keratin, a fibrous protein that is also the mainstructural component of your nails. When you...
I lost my beauty complex, house and cars in Abule Ado gas explosion - Actress Nkiru Umeh Nollywood actress, Nkiru Umeh has disclosed that she is one of the victims of Abule Ado gas explosion which destroyed properties and also claimed many lives.  According to the actress, the explosion which occurred while they were in church destroyed her beauty complex, her house and cars. Nkiru who expressed gratitude of surviving the incident which didn't claim the life of any member of her family, revealed that her neighbours who were at home died.  She wrote;  My beauty complex and my house were directly opposite Bethlehem girls college and the explosion happened right in front of the school. Everything went down. I thank God for life. Still in shock to even talk but my anger is that the media houses and the government are lying to the public. All the same. It is well. I will narrate on this more when am out of shock. For now my hands are still sh...
Author Jacqueline Wilson comes out as gay at 74, reveals she's been living with her partner Trish for 18 years Jacqueline Wilson has publicly come out as gay at the age of 74.  The bestselling and Iconic children's author made the announcement in an interview with The Guardian and said she decided to go public ahead of releasing Love Frankie, her new gay love story. The English writer also opened up on her 18-year relationship with her partner Trish, who she met at a party after the dissolution of her marriage to police officer William Millar Wilson. Jacqueline and William were married from 1965 to 2004.  Speaking to the publication, she said: 'I've never really been in any kind of closet. It would be such old news for anybody that has ever known anything much about me. Even the vaguest acquaintance knows perfectly well that we are a couple'.  Explaining that her mother was ‘appalled’ at her relationship, she said: ‘That wasn’t too...