Welcome to Thomspon's blog🎯 Skip to main content

I do what I like with my money, I don't donate - Emmanuel Adebayor says he will not be donating to his country during Coronavirus pandemic





Former Arsenal, Real Madrid, Manchester City and Togolese International, Emmanuel Adebayor, has revealed why he hasn't made any humanitarian or relief donations during the Coronavirus pandemic.

Adebayor, regarded as one of Africa's richest footballers with a choice collection of cars and mansions in Africa and Europe, says he won't be joining his African compatriots like Samuel Eto'o and Didier Drogba in donating cash or relief materials to his home nation.


Adebayor who was earning as much as £175,000 a week while at Man City, says he decides whatever he wants and will decide to do as he pleases with his wealth as he didn't bring the virus to Africa.


'For those of you who say I don't donate, let me be very clear, I don't donate. It is very simple,' Adebayor said in a Facebook Live video
'I do what I want and eat what I want. Later, there will be people who will criticise me for the fact that I did not make a donation in Lome (capital of Togo).' 

He also dismissed rumors that he was the one who brought the disease to Togo, after leaving his clubside in Paraguay.
'Some think that I was the one who introduced the virus in Lome,' he added. 'It is very unfortunate, but this country is like that.' 
“I'm sorry that people compare me to Samuel Eto'o and Didier Drogba by asking me why I don't have a foundation or why I don't donate, as if I was the one who brought the coronavirus to Togo.
“I am neither the one nor the other, I am me, Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor and I will always do what I want. A word of advice for the guys regarding donations, I will not do that. Everything is clear and very simple. Thank you and good day.”

As at Thursday, Togo has 88 confirmed cases with six deaths

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treatment of hair with egg white

Egg White for Hair Treatment Risks Outlook Egg protein and hair When you crack open a  raw egg , you reveal two distinct parts: the  yellow egg yolk  and egg white (albumen). While the yolk contains all the  fat in the egg , the egg white contains most of the protein. Egg whites are complete proteins  containing all the essential amino acids. You need protein in your diet to build, maintain, and replace the tissues in your body — including your hair. Protein for healthy hair The hair shaft has three layers: Medulla.  This is the soft, inner layer of the hair shaft, only seen in large and thick hairs. Cortex.  This middle layer of the hair shaft provides the hair’s strength, color, and texture. Cuticle.  This is the thin, colorless outer layer of the hair shaft that protects the cortex. Your hair shaft is largely keratin, a fibrous protein that is also the mainstructural component of your nails. When you...
I lost my beauty complex, house and cars in Abule Ado gas explosion - Actress Nkiru Umeh Nollywood actress, Nkiru Umeh has disclosed that she is one of the victims of Abule Ado gas explosion which destroyed properties and also claimed many lives.  According to the actress, the explosion which occurred while they were in church destroyed her beauty complex, her house and cars. Nkiru who expressed gratitude of surviving the incident which didn't claim the life of any member of her family, revealed that her neighbours who were at home died.  She wrote;  My beauty complex and my house were directly opposite Bethlehem girls college and the explosion happened right in front of the school. Everything went down. I thank God for life. Still in shock to even talk but my anger is that the media houses and the government are lying to the public. All the same. It is well. I will narrate on this more when am out of shock. For now my hands are still sh...
Author Jacqueline Wilson comes out as gay at 74, reveals she's been living with her partner Trish for 18 years Jacqueline Wilson has publicly come out as gay at the age of 74.  The bestselling and Iconic children's author made the announcement in an interview with The Guardian and said she decided to go public ahead of releasing Love Frankie, her new gay love story. The English writer also opened up on her 18-year relationship with her partner Trish, who she met at a party after the dissolution of her marriage to police officer William Millar Wilson. Jacqueline and William were married from 1965 to 2004.  Speaking to the publication, she said: 'I've never really been in any kind of closet. It would be such old news for anybody that has ever known anything much about me. Even the vaguest acquaintance knows perfectly well that we are a couple'.  Explaining that her mother was ‘appalled’ at her relationship, she said: ‘That wasn’t too...